Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Corny Surprise

1)      I got paid in corn and potatoes today. Which is so perfect because usually I don’t hook up the wagon to my horse but this morning luckily I did. So now I can bring home my vegetables (and don’t start fighting me on whether corn and potatoes are indeed vegetables or not) as I trot home to mom and pops. Ok ok, obviously I’m kidding. I actually forgot to hook up the wagon and it was an awkward horseback ride home. Oook fine, scratch all that horse and wagon business. I did however come into my office today to see a big box of corn and then a big box of potatoes showed up shortly thereafter. Weird, I know, I usually only ever get potatoes. The reason for all this produce-o-plenty is that we have some farmer customers where I work and over the years we have seen many a potato show up, some strawberries, flowers, but never before corn. So obviously it was big news and as most of you have probably guessed, free vegetables rumors spread like wildfire. Before I knew it I had a farmers market happening in my office as employees rushed in to get some produce to bring home. Which doesn’t surprise me at all as bringing home the bacon is so last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment