Monday, May 20, 2013

A Departure to Dream

Friends, the day has come. Yes, it is Monday, but it is also the Monday in which I have hit 100 posts on my blog (some have not actually been published for you to read but they are there). While I never intended to actually write for as long as I did, or as frequently as I did, I am proud and glad for my accomplishment and learned many things along the way. Some posts I enjoy more than others, some posts I want to delete, some posts I am inspired from and wonder at God's ability to speak through me, aaaand some posts all I read is sleep deprivation. I am glad for everything that has been written and that I have something to look back on for forever, but now I must look forward to other dreams and goals that I have.

For about the last year I have posted every Monday (or the early hours of Tuesday if we are getting technical here), to ensure that I would keep regularly writing and then of course start writing books and follow that dream. But here's the thing.. in the last three years of having my blog I have not finished a book; I have worked towards one and put some things together, yes, but I have not completed one. And so, today I tell you that I am taking a temporary step away from my Monday night postings and probably just posting in general. It's not you, it's me. Sometimes you have to evaluate your life and if you haven't gotten to where you wanted to be yet, then you have to change something. It doesn't matter if you are in a pattern and used to writing a certain night each week, if you aren't seeing the results you dream of then you must make a change to what you are doing to achieve them.

And so even though I leave from Sunshiney Days it doesn't mean that I have stopped writing or failed at my Monday night posting goal, it means that I am pushing myself to become more determined to achieve a big goal. To reach this big goal I guess you could say that I am sacrificing or putting aside a few stepping stone goals as I have become too dependent on them. Instead of putting effort towards writing a book, I use what energy I have left on a Monday night to put together a posting. I became too comfortable with only Monday night postings and that isn't good. I have bigger dreams than that!

Friends, for this next little while where I won't be regularly posting I encourage you to also look within your heart at your goals and dreams. Are you accomplishing or working towards your goals? Your dreams? What's holding you back? Don't be afraid to lower your focus in one area of 'stepping stone' goals if it means jumping up to work towards your 'main stage' goals. Hopefully that makes sense. I know you all have incredible talent and I encourage you not to be afraid of that talent and what God has intended for your life, even if it means doing a few things out of your comfort zone.

As always, I am super thankful for you all of you who take the time to read my blog and I am excited to one day post about where you can get my newly published book. It's going to be an exciting time and I look towards it. Thank you friends, feel free to come back to Sunshiney Days if you are having a bad day and need to re-read a post, any time. Love to you all!

Lastly, I leave you with this... one of my first blog posts that continues to be on my mind in my day to day life: http://sunshine-ing-sher.blogspot.ca/2011/09/confetti-hair-day.html

No comments:

Post a Comment