Monday, May 7, 2012

Beautiful Days are Coming.


If I may be bold this week, I will admit something to you: I want to be beautiful forever. And the even bigger thought that hit me was that this should be one of the most obvious things ever. Does it not make sense that one would want to, one, BE beautiful, and, two, to STAY beautiful. Shouldn’t every woman have this dream within her? Have women become too afraid to admit that they want to be beautiful or do they feel like that dream is unattainable? Here’s the thing, I’m not talking about beauty, I’m talking beautiful. The kind of beautiful that remains the same whether a woman is 22 or 82: Wrinkle Resistant. The kind of beautiful that a phone call can remind you of how beautiful a woman is: Physically Non-Reliant. The kind of beautiful that people feel when a woman is present in their life: Role Model.

I want to be the woman that doesn’t have to stress herself out trying to be beautiful, she just is.

Now by admitting this do I go against what I just claimed or betray ‘my plan’ for becoming beautiful? Maybe… maybe not… but I want to tell you this with honesty and vulnerability as I’m not trying to sound conceited or proud, don’t think that for a second. I pray to become beautiful for myself and I pray this for others because if you don’t feel you have the potential to be beautiful you will not gain the confidence to do so. I spent a good portion of my adult life NOT acknowledging this thought and I don’t ever want to go back to that darkness. Never ever. I want to be beautiful. A beautiful woman doesn’t care what she looks like, how many wrinkles she has or frets about what people say when she is not around because she stands tall in a calm confidence, not arrogance. This thought to be beautiful isn’t something that I am going to stress over or wonder if I am failing at though, you know why? Because I can only fail if I stop trying, which I won’t. A beautiful woman is a woman that learns constantly; if she makes mistakes she resolves the problem and learns from them. Perhaps it may take the same error in different formats to learn, but she will learn. I will learn. I don’t strive for perfection as that I will definitely  fail very quickly; I strive to be beautiful amongst my learning. I long to be someone that is God-fearing, trustworthy, friendly, confident, forgiving, encouraging, caring, enthusiastic, loving, full of self-worth, responsible etc. I have such a strong desire to be beautiful amongst the decay of what the world throws at me that it makes me excited all over again to simply live life. I want to be beautiful.

When you put make up on in the morning you have a pretty good idea of what you want it to end of looking like. If you didn’t people may wonder why you have mascara on as blush, lipstick as concealer, eye shadow as lip liner, etc.
If you don’t know what you want yourself to look like you can’t work to achieve that.
If you’re thinking to yourself, “No Sherylynn, you don’t get it, I can’t be beautiful… maybe if someone else could just tell me I was beautiful I might be able to believe it…” but believe this: sometimes the ‘someone’ that can have the biggest impact on you… is you.

“A diamond is a diamond whether it believes it is or not.”

I want to be beautiful forever. Don’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment