Monday, January 16, 2012

Everyday is January 1st


I think it’s become quite apparent that I did not make a New Years Resolution to write on my blog everyday. So good news, I have not failed!! Ahhh the joy of no Resolutions. Well ok, let’s be honest here, I did make 2 resolutions but I’m not sure if I am going to motivate myself to follow through on them. They were simply this:   

       1)  Eat more M&Ms on a daily basis
       2)   Play more guitar hero.

I’ll explain a bit I suppose.
1) I’m not talking about like a bag of M&Ms a day, I’m talking about a quarters worth everyday into a machine, this can mean anywhere between 1 to 6 M&Ms. (P.s. the days where I only get one M&M… such a let down). So anyways my M&M time everyday at work was a time where I could just walk away from my desk, take a break and eat a few peanut M&MS, get some chocolate to boost my energy levels and then continue on. At some point I lost this little break and so I figured I should get it back. Plus, M&MS are good.
                PROGRESS: I stayed steady at M&M time for about 3 days (even boosting it up to two quarters to increase my M&M intake). And then I decided I was going to cut back on my chip and chocolate intake. Not because I’m trying to lose all this weight as a new years resolution but because I never used to eat that much junk food and I always felt like I had more energy and just felt better overall. So I conflicted myself but in the end I think I have to say good bye to my M&M time. I haven’t given up on my Eggo time yet though.

2) I just like guitar hero. I feel like I can play a guitar to some degree when I’m playing it, I like jamming out to the songs, and I just like to have a whole bunch of people over and we just hangout and switch up on the guitar all night. It’s a good time. A gathering of friends time.
                PROGRESS: I don’t actually own guitar hero soooooooo I haven’t played at all. HAHAHAHAH I am going to have to go sweet talk a friend of mine to let me borrow his. But I want to see this happen.

So, I suppose this could be the typical New Years Resolution blog that bloggers post every January. I don’t particularly encourage others to make New Years Resolutions because in the end I kind of think Resolutions are for lazy people (please don’t throw snowballs at me….or rotten vegetables). Think about it, if you only make new goals and resolutions once a year, then if you start drifting from your goals you know you have another year before you have to start being motivated again. I prefer to just make new goals and resolutions every day pretty much. And I encourage that. Don’t stop dreaming and thinking on how to improve yourself and your surroundings. Every day is January 1st so set a new standard or challenge for yourself everyday.

And if you want… Have a countdown and throw confetti every day at midnight to really contribute to the feel. I know I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment