Monday, March 25, 2013

Strategic Placement Dating

Friends, I will again give you some unrequested tips on dating this week. Your welcome.

Today I shall share another lesson I have learned on dating: don't strategically place yourself to get a guys attention.

You may be confused what I mean when I say strategic placement. Let me explain through the use of  some situations you may or may not have thought to yourself when attempting to get a males attention:

I'm going to stay online all day, then maybe we can facebook chat, maybe even skype.
I'll make sure to be the last one at his party because "I am waiting for my ride".
I know where he usually grabs coffee in the morning, that's where I'm going to start going too.
I'm going to walk my dog around his neighbourhood hoping he sees me, even though I live across town.
If I switch banks to his bank I think we might run into each other more.
I'm going to wear his favorite colour for a conversation starter.
I just found out which is his favorite clothing store, I'll try and get a job there.
I'll 'accidentally' pocket dial him and see if he phones back.
I'm going to get my mom to drop me off so that maybe he might offer to drive me home.
He said he liked trees, so I will wear this shirt with a tree on it whenever I think I might run into him.

I dare you to believe that this doesn't happen to some degree every day everwhere around you. Girls are totally crazy. And I say that and can come up with such fantastic examples because I use to try and strategically place myself all the time so this one guy would see me. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Either way, my thought process was way off!

Ask yourself a few of these questions:
Do you really want a guy to like you because you are conveniently right in front of him all the time? Or do you want to just live your life being you, and not constantly manipulating scenarios so that you end up near him, talking to him, getting a ride home from him, etc.
Would you not rather have a guy that notices you from across the room as opposed to a guy that practically trips over you because you positioned yourself so close?

When I realized how much of my life I was depending on somebody else something clicked in me and I realized that the last few years of my life the majority of my decisions had been based, not on my own preferences, but on what I thought a guy might want of me. Horrible to admit that, but there it is. Friends, I encourage you not to make decisions based on whether the guy you like is also going or not but to follow your own interests and dreams and then look to see who is beside you.

Don't place yourself in the way of a dating path, be you, following your own interests and the path will come to you.

Stay awesome friends... stay awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment