Monday, April 1, 2013

The Female World: Alarming

Greetings my fellow night owls and friends.

Today I bring you some ramblings from the part of my brain that says many fun and random things at night time, at that point when I should cave and go to bed but I still want to get my weekly writing in. Let's see what happens.

Lately I have been people watching. Lately meaning the last 25 years. And as I people watch I am quite alarmed by females. If I wasn't one of them I would probably want to shy away from the species. Many can be intimidating in what they wear, say and do. I'm not trying to point fingers or cause guilt or say that I am perfect (bahahah), that is not my intent, I just have a concern on my heart for this unique group of humans.

After weeks, maybe months, of invisible note taking and zero evidence collecting I have come up with the following conclusions on where my concerns stem from:

1) Many girls want to be considered hot.
2) Many girls want reassurance that they have a good body, face, smile, hair, makeup, style, etc.
3) Self photos, apparently known as "selfies", are alarmingly taking over the female world.
4) A good portion of girls don't realize how much they are loved and cherished.

And by girls I mean young women.

So I don't want to overwhelm myself or yourself with taking on such a huge topic or give an entire essay to read on this topic but I have these "tidbit thoughts" I will share for tonight.

One day Facebook began and "Selfies" began to overtake my news feed... self photos of young women in mirrors. Mirrors everywhere with awkward full body shots and cleavage and tight clothing and this big white circle from the flash, and a hand holding a camera, and then some duck face got invented and it all became too much for me. Sometimes I feel like a toddler stuck in the 'Why? Why? Why? Why? But WHY?' stage when I go on facebook. I can't quite grasp these pictures of women that I feel don't portray the strength and confidence that is within them. Women have worth, not a price tag, and self-confidence is not portrayed in a full body shot of yourself, but in knowing that there is a peace within. A peace that comes from knowing that you were created for a purpose, you are cherished, you are loved, you are not just a body to be admired, commented on or 'like'd. I think you are awesome. Take pride in you and all the wonderful unique thoughts, goals, dreams and character that have been given to you specifically.

Ladies, friends, night owls... be amazing and fantastic this week. I pray that confidence and peace will well up inside of you. When joy overflows from the inside, it's ok to keep secrets from facebook and instead share that joy, self-confidence and contentment with a friend! A real live friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment