Monday, April 15, 2013

I would rather be sleeping too.

I will just come out and say it... I'm annoyed with my dream today.

That's probably bad to say, but I feel it in my eyelids.

Fact is, what I would like to be doing right now is sleeping. It doesn't matter what time it is really, I just wish I was sleeping, not typing, not trying to pluck a topic from my fading brain, and not pushing myself to somehow encourage somebody within my Monday post. I shouldn't have admitted that maybe... sometimes it doesn't come naturally because all you see are your complaints and situations swirling in front of you. I think the worst part for me right now is that it is totally ME making myself stay up and write something for today. My own sliver of motivation!

I guess you could say that I'm annoyed with the part of me that just won't give up already! I mean come on Sherylynn... you haven't finished your poetry book, your other book, or even compiled all your blog posts into a book, yet you still dream of being a writer? But yet, I know that one late night emotion should not hide all my day time motivation, and so I continue typing. My late night bipolar self fights with ... herself.

Ahhh It's a confusing time.

I believe I am not the only one though, I guess that's where I am going with this. As my trustworthy facebook news feed has updated me, today starts a week of crunch time in the university world. Essays, studying, finals, presentations, all that fun. If you haven't gotten to that point yet where it's late at night and your assignment is no where near being done and you feel so overwhelmed and you would cry but you just don't have the energy and all you want to do is not fail and just sleeeeeeep... then I am glad I got to you first. If you are at that stage, that's ok too. I can work with that.

I don't have so many great words of wisdom that will miraculously help you finish every single one of your papers/presentations/studying, etc., but I do have a God that encourages, protects, sustains, inspires and loves all the students. Also, I used to succesfully(well more or less) run on about 4-5 hours of sleep for four months straight, but at some point on my late studying sessions I just wanted to hear that somebody else understood the pressure and panic that I felt at that moment.

So now... whether you are taking a break or just down right delaying your next batch of intense study, have it in your hearts that I am praying for you tonight to flourish in whatever assignment you are working on, that though my pressures may have been different and my current dreams are probably different than yours, I understand your desire to grasp that last little bit of motivation to finish off your assignment, as well as the semester.

I just want you to know that you can do it. Don't doubt it, question it or deny it. You can do it and I am proud of you for making it this far. Don't forget how great and talented you are!

Love to all my student friends these next few weeks.
(Non-student friends, throw aside jealousy, I have love for you too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment