Monday, April 29, 2013

Road Kill Focus

Hello my party friends!

Have you ever realized that sometimes you catch yourself staring at the problems in life instead of the entertainment?

For instance, the other day as Andrew and I were driving down the road I was rambling on about the dead squirrel coming up on the road. We got closer to the dead squirrel that had unfortunately been obliterated by cars and I was quite concerned that Andrew would hit a piece of it. (P.s. Gross) So anyways we pass by the dead squirrel without any real problems... phew! ... but then Andrew just looks over at me and he's got this shocked look on his face and asks how in the world I missed seeing that guy. I didn't see any guy. I had no idea what he was talking about.

I quickly spun around in my seat to look out the back window and realized that for some reason this guy was walking down the sidewalk with these jumbo metal stilt things attached to his legs making him about 10 feet tall... or maybe 8. Anyways, it was a crazy sight and I had almost completely missed seeing it! All because I was so focused on a dead squirrel. My life wouldn't have been drastically changed obviously but I think it's interesting to note that sometimes we can get so focused on things that bring us down that we lose sight of things that have laughter and life!

Life is crazy, this is not the first time I have said this or realized this. There will always be things that will want your attention, such as finances, relationships, illnesses, responsibilities, big decisions, etc., but I think it's important to not be so focused on these things that we lose sight of the everyday joy that life has. Some people are able to have a wider focus on life and they know that hitting a dead squirrel with their car won't really cause any damage, but waving at a unique individual on stilts... you don't want to miss opportunities like that, for however they look in your own life.

I go to sleep now. I just wanted to touch base on this topic. :)

Be joyful and find joy this week friends.
P.s. it's easier to do when you're not focused on dead squirrels.
ok bye!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment