Monday, June 11, 2012

No More Pants

Yes, it has happened... I have finally hit my "No More Pants" summer mindset that comes around this time every year. Don't think all crazy on me before I explain myself though. No More Pants mindset means that I just don't want to wear pants anymore, particularly jeans or dress pants and definitely not sweat pants. So you may be thinking "Ummm... this is awkward" but rest assured instead of wearing pants I wear summer skirts and dresses! It's the most brilliant mindset to be in. It also goes along with my theory of dressing how you want to feel. I want to feel like it is summer, therefore I shall wear summer clothes until this happens.

Sidenote: Yesterday I wore a dress and it was a bit cloudy...
but today I wore a skirt and it got crazy sunny!
Now I'm not saying I have a lot of influence on the weather
but I'm not gonna make an experiment out of this and
start wearing snow pants and turtlenecks either.
End Sidenote.

While in my No More Pants mindset I decided to push myself a bit and do an exercise in letting go as well. I now introduce you to my latest self-challenge... I shall call it 30 Summer Days. Or maybe I'll change the name but for now it works.

Here's some background: After counting all my summer dresses that I have been gathering and collecting for the last probably five or six years I have come to the conclusion that I have way too many! Embarassingly too many... And worse, I don't even wear a good portion of them, sometimes weather is to be blamed, sometimes the "I have nothing to wear" mindset sneaks in and they become invisible...

Here's my plan: Regardless of weather, I shall wear a dress or skirt every day for the next 30 days and document it. After those 30 days and my extensive notetaking (in my brain) I will then eliminate all dresses that I don't even like anymore. I may even question why I bought some of them in the first place. But I obtained these dresses so I should wear them one last time before I make final decisions on which ones I all want to get rid of. And bonus for anyone reading, if you're my size, these dresses will be up for grabs for free ninety-nine. Hollah!

Here's my goal: I want to get rid of things that I don't need and/or use anymore. I'm doing this with many elements of my life so I figured I might as well do it with my closet as well, at least for my dresses anyways (I am not willing to start a 30 Winter Days in the middle of summer). Since it's still early summer, by the time my 30 days are up it will hopefully be full blown summer weather by then (my poweful influence on the weather and all, your welcome) and I will only have all my most favorite and practical dresses easily accessible. Win!

End Note: I'm going to look so Dutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment