Monday, October 22, 2012

One Year Healiversary

Friends, today is a big day for me. An awesome day. Even more awesome than usual! I know, that's a lot of awesome. Don't get overwhelmed yet, stay with me... you awesome person you.

Today is my one year healiversary.

"What the heck is healiversary?" you ask. Great question. I will give you a wonderful hint, a year ago I wrote this: Delayed Post of Healing - Serious Level High

And now a year later... do I even dare go over the amount of blessings that have come upon me these past 12 months after a weekend of God given healing!! And attempt to explain just how this weekend really impacted my entire life only a measly year ago!!

Yes... I dare.

Here we go. Encounter Retreat. That is the name of the retreat that happened over a year ago. Ahhh I'm so excited as I write this. Ok staying calm. Let's get one thing straight from the get-go though... I did not want to go to this retreat. I had just come back from a month in Europe, I was getting used to this whole not crying on a daily basis thing, and I was beginning to settle into a pattern (finally) with work, school, and friends. As soon as I heard about this retreat I knew two things, one, that it was going to rock my world, two, I had to be there. Both of those facts did not change the feeling that I did not want to be there though. This is called "ridiculous resistance". I was brave, pep-talked myself, ignored the feeling and got myself to that retreat. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

I go to the retreat and walk away feeling more complete and whole then I have in my entire life. I didn't feel torn in a million pieces anymore!! I felt whole and new, I felt like I had a purpose for life again! Can you imagine how great that feels after feeling lost and like there was no plan for my life for SO SO SOOO long! I mean just imagine! I thought there was no way to fully restore myself.

Now today, as I reflect an exact year later I can't believe the direction my life has taken. And I know you may have heard it before but I just can't move past this point or completely fathom the blessings that have poured upon me now that I have set my steps straight with the Lord. I cannot for one second deny the incredible peace and purpose he has poured down upon and the great love that he has for me. AHHH it makes me feel so excited for the future!! How does He love me so much! I have joy, I have purpose, I have value, I have a HUSBAND, I have incredible friends and family, I have incredible work environment, I have so so much.

I'm just rambling now because I'm too overwhelmed with love and gratefulness and joy and .... oh man. Love life! I will just leave you with this... because this my friends is the reason I get so excited. If a broken person like me can find such emotional freedom and peace I KNOW that others can follow and find that same healing.. EXCITING!!

"Speak my mind so that I may be free. But take the 'me' out of 'my' and make it Your own. Your will, Your guidance, Your words. Speak the words I do not want to say. The awkward, difficult, faith pushing words that save. The words that are delivered to me: the hands, feet and voice of the Lord that will bring His lost people home. The words that are uncomfortable, but so is hell. Bring the lost to Heaven and let them see for themselves that those words were never awkward or odd but words delivered to save them and guide them to their rightful home. Life is but a vapour, don't waste your few words."

No comments:

Post a Comment