Monday, October 29, 2012

Sharing a Fear

I have a fear.

I will share it with you today.

I promise all my sentences won't be this short and vague.

Ok, just one more, because it seems like such a dramatic opener.

So as mentioned, many sentences ago, I have a fear, and it is a very real fear that has just started to fully come to my attention and I would like to do my best to put a stop to it, or better yet, reverse it!! And now, at long last, I will reveal my fear: People are forgetting how to dream.

This alarms me greatly. If one does not know how to dream for their future, then they also do not know how to set goals, self motivate, achieve goals, find confidence in their accomplishments, strive for excellence, strive for self betterment and achieve something in life! I'm out of breath now because I typed that sentence without breathing. Where will our next leaders come from if our generation has forgotten how to have vision and dream dreams! It's a tense time where there are no dreams, because what replaces that void is 'settling'.
Settling for remaining at the level you are at at this very moment (personally, emotionally, financially, physically, educationally, other '-ally's') because you are too scared to dream. Or worse yet, schools have taken away the dreams of students and replaced them with a 'finish school, get education, get a good job, retire' attitude. Where are the dreams!! Where are the thoughts that occur between work, school, and sleeping... have these been hidden too far inside you that you forgot what it was to live for something bigger again? To experience life instead of just live it?

I borderline feel like I am going crazy sometimes because I have so many things I want to accomplish in life (write a book, ride an elephant, learn sign language, speak at a huge conference, write another book, be a rocking awesome wife, meet 100 new people, host huge dinner party's, and 189471 more small and big things) and I'm excited about them and work towards them but then I run into people that have no dreams or aspirations in life. Excuses for their family upbringings, current financial status, current educational status, and 'tomorrow thinking' are all used as reasons for why they cannot dream big dreams and it saddens me. Dreams are a choice and have to come from within! I'm not saying 'be like me' I'm saying awaken the 5 year old within you and dream of riding a pony again!! ... or for the boys... of being a real life cowboy with your horse galloping across a desert!! Feel alive again!!

Have you ever noticed that a week can pass you by so quickly? A month? A year? Your entire life?! When are you going to start dreaming again and reach to achieve them. Life is happening right now whether you want it to or not, and today, more than ever, there are so sooo many opportunities and adventures available for you ranging in price from free to a fortune. Start at one dream and go from there, the addictive factor will keep you hooked but you have to take that first step.

Here's a blunt tip: TV isn't real life, neither are movies, video games, your cell phone, Facebook, angry birds, Twitter, etc. Live your life, not someone else's, and don't go through your life with a cell phone glow on your face. LIVE!

Now friends, if you needed that little kick in the butt I so greatly encourage you to go Dream, Achieve, and Inspire for ... well for the rest of your life. Keep me posted because I'm excited to see your dreams come to life!

1 comment:

  1. "don't go through your life with a cell phone glow on your face. LIVE!"

    Dude, I love your blogs! I feel like me and you should write a book called, "the world according to April and Sher - a completed, perfected guide to living your life just like us."

    haha jk jk.

    well ok, i'm totes serious.

    ReplyDelete