Monday, December 10, 2012

Excitement. Lots of it.

"WHO'S EXCIIIIIITED?!?!??!"

I just had to get that out there. Most likely you did not read it the same way I typed it sounding in my head... but here let me help:

(as loud as you can aka screaming) "WHO'S EX-CITE-EEEED!!!!!!!" (Now hold an expectant look on your face as you watch your audience, even if it's just the mirror.)

Before we jump in on something life changing, I will just tell you now that I got that quote/saying from a motivational CD that I keep hearing. It's such a good one. This dad wakes up his kids like this in the morning, and the kids, being used to such extreme excitement, do get excited to live that day!!

AHHH I'm excited just thinking about it.

"Sherylynn... calm yourself, what in the world are you excited about!"

To which I respond... everything! Because everything has a purpose and set by a God that loves me.

Someone said something today about it being a Monday and how they hated it but once I realized that it was indeed Monday guess what, that made me excited!! I was full of joy over the fact that it was Monday because that means God gave me a whole new week of being with Andrew, meeting people, going to gatherings, hanging out with my family, eating food, writing, reading, baking, working, organizing, dreaming, chasing goals, encouraging, inspiring, being artistique, planning brunches, catching up with old friends, looking at wedding photos, and a million more things! Monday is a brand new start, why oh why in the world do people hate on Monday so much!
Monday, I thank you for your representation of a new week! Hoorah!

Now if you were peering into my window right now (creepy, please don't) you would think that perhaps I am leading you astray because I am just sitting here typing, looking like the average woman. Wrong-O, my friend.......O. There is so much ambition and excitement that is growing within me everyday to be the best I can be and become the woman God wants me to be that sometimes I honestly think I make my heart skip a beat. Other times I'm so overwhelmed with joy I start tearing up in my office. It's fantastic!! I hope I am contagious!

Contagious indeed. To bring in current events today... the Christmas season is not about "ugh, I have to go to this party", "Ughh I have to go to the mall." "Ugh, I'm whining about something Christmas related." Be excited about everything the season represents and how many opportunities become available for you to meet new people, create amazing heart felt gifts with eco-friendly wrapping, be with family and/or friends that love you, and just cherish the moment and the days as opposed to trying to hide until the 'busyness of the season' has passed.

Challenge for you my dear friend: Wake up tomorrow morning and as your brain is figuring out what's happening, who you are, what day it is, etc., start telling yourself how excited you are for the day. Pray for your day to go well and the joy to multiply. Start pumping yourself up that you have so many opportunities to excel right at your fingertips today. Tell yourself how incredible you are and the potential you have to accomplish the impossible. You are going to have a great day. When you're ready... jump out of bed and scream:

WHO'S EXCITE-EEEEED!!!

1 comment: