Monday, December 17, 2012

so much love.


Friends, I will be very vulnerable with you this week because I believe that I am not the only one with a tender heart today, and if I can lift another up by these words then I am glad God has given me the ability do so.

I didn't want to venture into this as I feel so inadequate to even comment on such an event but I have felt very fragile these last few days, like my heart may literally break. At the same time though I have this incomprehensible peace over me.

Like many of you I'm sure, your heart has been hurting this weekend as a very hurting event happened last Friday that has thrown so many emotions into chaos.

One thing I can’t help but think today is that there is so much love in this world.

At first glance that does not make sense, as many have sorrow, anger, confusion and bitterness (to say the least) coursing through their bodies these last couple days, but it must be realized that all of these extreme emotions stem from love.

If one does not love someone, they do not feel the extreme pain when they are taken from them.
If one does not love someone, they do not try and protect them with their life.
If one does not love someone, they do not rush to where there is danger to try and find their child, sibling, wife, husband, or friend.
If one does not love someone, they do not rally together to support one another and lift each other up in a time of need.
If one does not love someone, they do not weep for strangers in hurting times.

There is so much love.

Events happen that we do not understand, and never will on this earth. I wish we could find the answers we so desperately need but it is not possible. To try and understand causes such great inner turmoil that you lose sense of the present and your ability to love for tomorrow.

To try and live again after such a hurting event has thrown your world upside down is not an easy task nor a sign of forgetting the past, but an incredible testament of the heart wanting to live and love again, inspired by the one you have lost.

You were made to love. The devil tries to steal, kill and destroy it, but you were made to love.

Friends, I encourage you to hold tight to love today, tomorrow and for forever.  

A full heart is a brave heart
let's be brave and love

No comments:

Post a Comment