Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Starting Issue

FRIENDS!! HI!! Where've you been?!?!

Good day to you all, I have returned to the writing world. For those ever so dedicated and have been missing me greatly over the last two weeks... I'm baaaaaack.

Now, I have delayed posting this week because I had an issue with starting anything. (Last week it was just a matter of it being Christmas Eve and I just ran out of time to write, I didn't feel too bad about it actually, I hope you had a great Christmas!!) Now, as mentioned I had a starting issue. However, I did master the resting, reading, eating, and family time technique over the last week, which may have contributed to my starting issue.

You see, when I went to go write yesterday the small amount of stress that I felt about writing something life changing, motivating and inspirational for all us humans heading into a new year was too much, so I probably had a nap instead. There just has been so much talk of New Years resolutions and summarizing last year that I didn't want to jump into the mix. And I won't. So I shall move on from that topic and back to my topic: a starting issue.

I wanted to write yesterday, since I write every Monday, but it just wasn't happening. I didn't know where to start! What would be my first great words of wisdom and welcome? How could I portray to my great friends how excited I am for their lives and their potential for greatness? How can my first few starting words demonstrate to my friends how much they are loved? What font should I use? What if my words have no impact? What if nobody reads my blog? What if...

Welcome to the Female Crazy Brain.

Guess how far my thoughts on starting got me? No where.
Guess how many blog posts I made last year? About 52.
So, Sherylynn, why in the world would you get all crazy about blogging yesterday if you are so used to writing on a weekly basis? Because I stopped for a week. And when you stop doing something, guess what, you have to start again. Know what's hard? Starting something. And the easiest way to start something, whether it's new or not, is guess what... just to DO IT!

January 1st or June 8th or December 31st.
6:00AM or 6:00PM.
By yourself or with a friend.
Public or Personal.
It doesn't matter when or what you just have to start.

If it's not perfect? SO WHAT! Would you rather have a blank canvas all your life because you are too afraid you may not be good at painting OR an ugly painting today that you can say was the starting point for your future masterpieces?

I shall leave you with that ever so deep question to ponder.

Next Week: I reveal a year long experiment I've been working on. Suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment