Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scars Carry Stories

Two posts in one day... making up for lost time!

So my life is still an almost overwhelming whirlwind of amazing, frustrating, saddening and inspiring events. All in one, indeed. Still in major repair work as I continue on the healing path. Which I know I haven't mentioned too much about my past and why I would require healing but perhaps the following paragraph will help explain that a bit and why I speak out now. Many times in my day to day life I get a thought in my head and then create a short kind of speech about it. This just happens, just how my mind works.
Example: 
You’ve been burned. But let people touch the scar, let them come close enough to realize that where there once was overwhelming pain, now resides altered pain-free flesh. When you get burned it becomes a huge ordeal and life can sometimes be put on hold depending on the severity of that burn, as you must cope and overcome the after affects of this burn. There is a painful wound that must be dealt with. Leave the burn unattended and try and ignore it and see what happens, it will get infected and grow worse until it becomes even harder to heal from as the pain multiplies. People notice that you get a bit disfigured, and maybe your personality changes as a result of your burn as you learn to deal with these new changes you see in yourself. Over time though, that scar becomes a story. What will your story be? A story of a scar turning you into a bitter, misshapen person? Or an inspiring story of overcoming tragic events and allowing people near that scar again? Near the scar To learn from it, learn from you, feel the scar and know that there is no pain there anymore. Sure the scar may forever be tender, but the sting of that burn is gone. You are left with only a mark to remind you to share that story, that testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment