Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Sweater

Yes, it is true. I have a Christmas Sweater. Correction: I rock a Christmas Sweater.

It all started many moons ago when my mother read a book about knitting, which then inspired her to knit something. She started small... made two sweaters for my nephews (who are conveniently.. small), and after I saw what kind of skills that lady had I knew that I had to have one. I just knew it.

Many patterns, attempts, and "you better love me" statements by my mother later I had a legit knitted Christmas Sweater. The best I ever did see!! Stores can't make this kind of sweater, I'm not even sure elves could make a sweater like this. As one friend described it, "that sweater says 'my family loves me.'" I am going to have to concurr. My mom is incredible... she knitted me a hug. pfffffffff corny, go with it.

I guess I kind of have been wearing my sweater in low key settings, you know a tree farm here, a christmas light show watching there, every Tuesday and Friday at work for my self proclaimed 'Christmas Sweater Day' over there... but today I brought that baby out for a day in the town... ohhhh man, most amazing conversation starter ever! So many compliments and comments... and when I tell them that my mother made it... my christmas sweater gains like 138 more points in authenticity. Come to think of it... everyone that commented on it was a lady... over 40. A generation that appreciates a good knit/pearl/knit I suppose.

So anyways, overall point I want to make is that my mother has been noted for her talent across Chilliwack and I am super glad that I was blessed with her. Also, my mother said I have to wear my christmas sweater for as many hours as it took her to knit it. Basically any Christmas related outing and I am wearing it as per my mother's wishes. And I know you're all dying to see what this sweater looks like after all this promo of it, soooo without further talking (because I'm not entirely sure how to spell a-do, adue, adie, adou) I present to you: Christmas Sweater...

(Modeled by Sherylynn Niezen, 2011, pink gloves not included)

3 comments:

  1. I want one!!!!! I love it!!!:) it's very you! Tell your mom she is quite the knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to point out that I, too, commented favourably on this sweater. I would ALSO like to point out that I am only halfway to being over 40.

    I'm 20.5 years old... multiply by 2... you get 41.

    20.5x2=41.

    41>40

    2040 Principles 12, anyone???

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the poop. why did my equation turn out like 2040??
    it was supposed to say

    20 < X > 40

    ReplyDelete