Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hi my name is Sherylynn… I’ve been clean for 6 days now..


So the elephant is no longer under my care and life is returning to normal. Hmmm wait that sounds like I killed it or something, no, that did not happen. The elephant is alive and well at his home and I am back at my home. Ahhh home. Such a wonderful place to be. I don't have time for a 'serious' post I've been thinking about lately but I just thought I would tell you something that has been a bit of a problem in my life for the past two weeks:

Yam fries.
I can’t stop thinking about them. I made the most wonderful mistake of going to the Cactus Club about two weeks ago and getting some of the most delicious yam fries. Ever. With 3 different dips. Best. Ever. So anyways I got hooked on them and the entire week after first eating them I was on the search for yam fries that were equally as good, if not better, than the ones I had at the Cactus Club. This search brought me to Wings, home made freezer yam fries, and finally to Triple O’s. While all these places had delicious yam fries, they were just not the Cactus Club fries that were constantly spinning in my head taunting me. Bravo Cactus Club! (hands over fake award). And so, yes, a week later I found myself back at Cactus Club eating those delicious yam fries with my 3 dips. Oh man…just thinking about it... so good. So then I got my fix and I thought, ok good, this phase is coming to a close (I’m like a toddler, my “Why?” phase is probably still coming). So now this past week I am happy to report that I haven’t eaten one fry, which is good because that was a crazy lot of eating out in a short period of time… but my addiction is acting up again. The last two days I just have yam fries with those 3 dips on my mind. Mmmmmm. Do I give in? Do I stand strong?

There are much worse addictions out there, I’m just glad I’ve caught one that is delicious.

1 comment:

  1. If I can just brag for one moment: the day I wrote this my boyfriend made me dinner and I got to his house to find that he had made me home made yam fries and on the table was a plate with 3 different dips. The best part was that he hadn't even read this blog post. He's a keeper.
    Oh... I guess I fell back into my addiction..

    ReplyDelete