Sunday, February 26, 2012

Trunk or Tank?

Good Day Friends,

So earlier today, as I was driving home with my trunk door open... the door bouncing up and down in my rearview mirror, I thought to myself "Sherylynn, why the heck is your trunk open? Think... thinking...ohhhhhh I know what happened you pulled the trunk button instead of the gas tank lid button. Hmm this makes sense why the gas tank lid was still closed when I was at the gas station 4 minutes ago and had to go back into my car, because I was totally thinking that I had hit the button when I originally got out of my car. I'm really hungry. oh shoot... I should probably pull over and close the trunk door." Yes, these are how my thoughts go. So anyways, after I pulled over to close the trunk door (awkwardly not realizing I was stopping in front of a house with people standing in the doorway watching me... *smile and wave*) I drove away thinking that I wasn't surprised at all that that happened because the gas tank and trunk door button are right beside each other. And THEN I jumped into Sherylynn's Deep Thought Time.

Sherylynn's Deep Thought Time: Having just come from church, where Loving without Limits was the focus, I thought to myself does this happen with God's love? Be not confused friend, I'll try and help you understand where I'm going with this. I am working with these definitions:
A car drives people throughout their daily lives.
A car trunk stores stuff that can be taken out at every location or stored until it is needed.
A car's gas tank is constantly needed, it must be present every time you try and get somewhere.

So, if you think about it and combine the two, are we taking God's love and storing it in our car trunk or using it to constantly help us as we drive through our lives? Are we storing God's love only to be taken out at certain locations or around certain people, such as only around Christian friends? Or are we using God's love in every aspect of our lives, depending on His love to help us reach our friends, near and far?

The best part: God's love is totally not 127.9¢/L

No comments:

Post a Comment